Friday, June 20, 2008

night one

so tonight i am stuck at home throwing up, but heres to my first night at camp.

i drove into camp, anxiously and exited for the days that laid ahead. wondering what this really meant for me, was i really okay with being in solitude.

as i sat there on the cot thinking about weither or not i would be able to sleep, would all i be thinking about was the possibility of bears coming into camp. but as i went to bed, earlier, a lot earlier, than normal, i found myself dwelling on the sounds around me-wind, birds (esp. owls), wind, grass, insects-and then it had to come to an end. i had to sleep. although the cot poked into my sides and i forgot some of my blankets at home and got a little cold, i haven't woken up so well rested in my life.

today i found myself reading. doing inventory of items. a little hiking and exploring. setting up the washrooms. reading. cooking.

it is so peaceful out there. knowing that there is no schedule, no obligations (except getting the little work i have to do done). there are clusters of blue, yellow and white everywhere. forget-me-nots (my favorite flower), shooitng -stars (atleast thats the Alaska term), lupines, wild yellow daises, and the names of the other one i havent learned yet.

















































































1 comment:

katie said...

love you.
that's all.