Sunday, June 29, 2008

I had to start early today, about 4:45. Since I am the tender I had to do my tender job-light lanterns, start fire, clean shitters, and keep the fire going. I was told that since they are mostly east-coasters they are awake at 5am, so I should have my stuff done by then. By 8 we were headed to our next location, the river where the campers would do kayaking and rafting down a 9 mile stretch which takes about 4-5 hours including a break for lunch. The mosquito's were horrible, I have 22 bites on my right leg alone. Following that adventure we made it back to camp 2 were we, like the campers, were greeted with Hummers which took us on an off road course. We were all able to drive them for 15 min on parts of the course. That was probably one of the most exciting things I have done in my life. You would go straight down a hill with riding the break, or having your foot on the break, this vehicle totally drives itself, its amazing. Anyways, then we ate lots of food and I headed to bed. It was a long day, and being sick hasn't been helping.

No comments: